Can I get puréed food free — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can I get puréed food free

carolinehewson65
carolinehewson65 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi my son as just have feed peg but useing it for his meds and his fluids but as to have puréed food he as just come out of hospital can I get his purée food delived and free

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @carolinehewson65 welcome to the community.  I would check with the hospital that he has just come from for advice on this.  Do let us know how you get on.

How is he finding the peg? How old is he?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • carolinehewson65
    carolinehewson65 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thanks for your replay, I have already asked them and my social worker no luck, top top it off my washing machine not working and my ganturee ran out and science he as had the peg his bedding I wet every morning and I need to do washing every day,I have my mechine and my dryer on all day every day cost me at least 30 a week in ele,I was finding it hard at first but I will get used to it, joe is 17teen and very hard work.
  • Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    edited July 2017
    Hi @carolinehewson65 could you apply to Family Fund for a new washing machine? https://www.familyfund.org.uk/FAQs/are-we-eligible-to-apply

It is for kids and young people up to 17 so you might be ok.  I know how you feel, my drier broke in the winter (the handle fell off the door!) and it was the final straw at a very difficult time. I actually cried when I was given an old handle that fitted   :D we cope with so many things but somehow washing is one of the worst!  

Have you got a good stick blender? That really helps make it easier.  Wiltshire Farm Foods do blended foods, I read one of their menus when I was stuck in the doctors the other day - but they are not free x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.