Looking into supported living — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Looking into supported living

hanaban
hanaban Community member Posts: 9 Listener
I'm looking into supported living with young and old people 

Comments

• hanaban
    hanaban Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    We live in Northamptonshire and I would like to be with my friends 
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @hanaban,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here.

We have a handy search tool on our website where you can search for supported living in your area, which you might find useful. I've also moved this post into our Housing and Independent Living category, where other members of our community may be able to advise.

I hope this helps. If you have any other questions, then please do get in touch.
    Liam
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi @hanaban,

Northamptonshire Adult Social Services has a page about Housing Options if you're assessed as having eligible needs.

You could also get some local advice from Northamptonshire CIL and they might be able to advise you of what's available in your local area too.

I hope this helps and please do let us know if there's anything else you want to ask.

Best wishes
    Debbie

• chloeblue04
    chloeblue04 Community member Posts: 234 Courageous
    Good morning 

My mother wants me to move into a supported living accommodation in the same place at Purley, Croydon as my best friend but in my chagrin, dismay and vexation, I strongly refused and rejected the idea because I wanted a place of my own at Sutton. 

In her anger, my mum she called me an ungrateful cow, a spoiled selfish brat, I will not stand for this! Worse my sister said I'm close-minded and stubborn. My mother hates me and so does my sister.

Ever since he moved to a supported living accommodation, I pointed out that he brought this on himself, rebuffed him and banned myself from speaking to him and I started being with the rest of my friends just to expand my social circle. I would rather be with other people than just one person most of the time.

I researched Active Care Group on the internet and on YouTube behind her back. 

I didn't know what to do.

Please help me  :'(

From Chloe

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @chloeblue04

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time with the relationship with your mum and sister. You mentioned a he? and  I wondered if that was a typo or if there is someone who is a support for you? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • chloeblue04
    By "he" I'm referring to my best friend.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Got it, and is your best friend a good support for you? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • chloeblue04

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.