ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA

Options
lulubell
lulubell Community member Posts: 22 Connected
hi any tips as to what the panel ask ? How long interview lasts ? Any tips on how to prepare for panel ? It will be so nerve racking ! 

Comments

• Justice
    Justice Community member Posts: 197 Pioneering
    Options
    @ lulubell. My Husband's ESA assessment lasted 1 hour and 15 minutes. The actual " Examination" if you could call it that lasted all of five minutes. I am sorry to say but my tip is be prepared to have to challenge the decision. In the two assessments my Husband has had the reports have been total lies all the way through. Even though on the first one I made her read back all that she had typed, the final report was nothing like she had told us.
    The good thing is that both decisions were overturned at MR level, the " Health care Professionals" lie, and yet in both my Husbands cases they were silly enough to contradict themselves right through the reports so they were easy to pull to bits.
    If it does go to MR keep in touch with them by phone and letter, keep notes of names and times, send anything recorded and keep copies. Get your MP involved, make sure they know who you are and if necessary complain in writing to CHDA and the DWP.
    I hope this is not upsetting for you, I am just a realist. Good Luck
    Justice

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.