If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Mobility Scooter

parkgateparkgate Posts: 1Member Listener
I wish to buy a scooter for my 88 year old mother ,such that she can use it on pavements ,very occasional road (never main) use and sometimes part of the Trans Pennine Way - gravel/cinder/tarmac route about 5 miles there and back - very flat.

She would never go out alone - I would always cycle along side her- and I would test the routes personally on the scooter first.

Does anybody have any recommendations?

Thank You.

Replies

• knowy0151knowy0151 Posts: 13Member Listener
    parkgate said:
    I wish to buy a scooter for my 88 year old mother ,such that she can use it on pavements ,very occasional road (never main) use and sometimes part of the Trans Pennine Way - gravel/cinder/tarmac route about 5 miles there and back - very flat.

She would never go out alone - I would always cycle along side her- and I would test the routes personally on the scooter first.

Does anybody have any recommendations?

Thank You.
    I just bought one myself on ebay £500 used its great .
    i would recommend a 8 mph one as it has the option of 4 mph at flick of a switch.

• LiamO_DellLiamO_Dell Posts: 1,114Member Pioneering
    Hi @parkgate,

We have lots of information about wheelchairs and power scooters available on our website, which you might find useful.

If you need impartial advice on scooters, you can call Disabled Living Foundation's helpline on 0300 999 0004 (Monday to Friday, 10 am to 4 pm).
    Liam
  • BoychrisBoychris Posts: 19Member Connected
    Hi 
    Go go traveller  is a brilliant little machine breaks down for easy transportation 
    but you need to shop around, best place by far for a new one is Betterlife, 
    LLoyds Pharmacy you would get a good deal from them.
  • TopkittenTopkitten Posts: 962Member Pioneering
    TGA Mobility are local to me and they do a large range of scooters. Mine folds down quite small and it not only fits most hatchback boots but I recently took it on a plane. The battery is a Lithium type and is very light for its size. Maximum distance is 12.5 miles and it has a variable speed setting. Top speed is much faster than normal walking speed.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
Sign in or join us to comment.