ESA and Universal Credit — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA and Universal Credit

rebeccaHinton24
rebeccaHinton24 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I've had a hidden disability that people doubt including the assessment center I have just been for my third assessment and was told by my support that I wouldn't have to go back again reasuring of her. My ESAwill was ended this year and have just recently started claiming universal credit with rent included at the moment I get the standard rate I'm waiting for an appeal date but I'm hoping that if the assessment is passed that I don't need to go for an appeal as was told that it could be overturned at the assessment I to don't know what's going to happen I have to wait for a disition from dwp that can take a week 

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rebeccaHinton24 Apologies in the delay in  replying to you, your post passed me by! 

How are you getting on with this?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Bill
    Bill Community member Posts: 30 Courageous
    Hi,
    This is tagged 'unanswered', so i add my twopence-worth.
    The advice that I have seen on other boards is that any communication with he DWP is helped if you can get help and advice from an 'expert' (e.g. CAB). You write "I don''t know what's going to happen". They can help - have you tried this route ?
  • Sam_Alumni
    Hi @BenefitsTrainingCo can you help?
    Scope
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi rebeccaHinton24

It sounds as if you have requested a mandatory reconsideration (MR) but it's difficult to be sure. The MR comes before an appeal and is an opportunity for the DWP to change its own decision so the independent appeals process is avoided. If the MR decision gives you the outcome you want then that should be the end of it, if not it may be advisable to appeal.

With so many unknowns i would suggest you get help from a local advice service as sometimes it's a conversation that's needed.

Best wishes
    David
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Sam_Alumni
    Hi @rebeccaHinton24 does this help?
    Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.