Confused with new benefits system — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Confused with new benefits system

Options
Sophiesmum2002
Sophiesmum2002 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
Hiya everyone. Myself and my fiancé apllied for esa earlier this year due to my fiancé having back problems due to a course he was put on before he met me by our local job centre. Only when we went for the appointment for our claim we discovered that we're not on esa, universal credit which is causing us numerous problems and its also causing us to struggle with our budget as we're used to getting paid every two weeks (as we were on income based jsa) which was manageable for us, but since we've been put on universal credit the monthly wait for our payments is a huge struggle as we're having to borrow from our families mire which is leaving us with less money each month. Plus so far since we joined universal credit we've had 3 budgeting advances to help tie us over to our next pay day.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.