Printer technology — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Printer technology

Options
pompom1
pompom1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Im a disabled lady of 66,crippled with ostio arthritis all over.I do a lot of work on my pc and printer.Im having difficulty putting in the inks into a printer.It is impossble for me to do this.
Is there a suitable all in one printer,that may help me.

Comments

• Ryan_Scope
    Ryan_Scope Scope Posts: 14 Courageous
    Options

Hello Pompom1,

Thank you for you question.

I certainly have a solution that you will benefit from with regards to the difficulties you are experiencing with replacing the ink cartridges.

There is a new range of ECO printers that are 3in1 printers from Epson. These printers no longer have ink cartridges and no have ink tanks built into them. The ink in these tanks lasts for 2 years and can be easily replaced when they become low.

To simply replace the ink, there is a compartment that easily removes from the printer, and you then fill the tanks up with ink which you ill be able to buy in small bottles. Having to use a bottle to fill the tanks up with ink should ease your difficulties with trying to access the old ink cartridges which are hidden away.

Here is the link for the new printers and it is currently £230 for the average size home printer from Epson directly: https://www.epson.co.uk/for-home/ecotank

Please do shop around for this device as prices may vary in other UK retailers.

I hope this helps you and feel free to comment if you require anymore advice or solutions.

Regards Ryan.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.