#AccessibilityFails - tell us your stories — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

#AccessibilityFails - tell us your stories

BenCSH
BenCSH Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi guys! Nice to meet you all.

I work for a charity called Community Sponsors Homes, who provide wheelchair accessible homes for wheelchair users.

We want to promote awareness of the problems disabled people face, particularly in terms of accessibility because most people simply just don't get it. I've heard stories of people turning up to see an 'accessible' home with an estate agent only to be confronted with a flight of steps leading up to the house. Although the rest of the house was on the level the front garden wasn't! Like I say, some people just don't get it.

What we'd like to do is collect YOUR stories of how frustrating, annoying and sometimes funny other people's #AccessibilityFails can be. With your permission we'll share them on our social media to raise awareness of disabled issues.

Anyway, it's going to be fun getting to know everybody and I hope you have a good day :)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.