fibromyalgia. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

fibromyalgia.

Options
lesjon
lesjon Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I have been told I have fibromyalgia. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lesjon.

It's great to meet you I do hope that we can help ????

Please have a look around our home page.

You will find lots of info with regards to fibro.
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options

Hi @lesjon,

Welcome to Scope’s online community! It’s great to have you on board. 

There's plenty of groups and discussions which you can get involved with, whether it be to ask for some help and support, or just to chat with other members of our community. We have also had a few discussions on fibromyalgia in the past which may be of interest to you.

NHS Choices also have some information on the condition which you may find useful.

If you have any questions, please do get in touch.

Liam
  • Montymarvel4268
    Montymarvel4268 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Hi pleased to meet you, I am new to this site but saw your comment. I too have Fibromyalgia, it's hard to adjust to the diagnosis at first it's frustrating too having an invisible illness that many don't understand. There are lots of things to try that help the symptoms , massage, heat , warm baths help me, but everyone is different you find what works for you. The hardest thing with Fibromyalgia is not to be tempted to overdo things on your good days, or you find it can bring on a bad flare up of pain. Stress and lack of sleep emotional upset can all be triggers so relaxation can help, nice music too . I hope you find what helps you the most. I wanted to say hi, and to say there is another sufferer out there who understands. Don't give up there is lots of support and help out there. I hope you have a supportive gp who can help you deal with and manage this . All the best to you , from Monty marvel 4268, (Monty being my cats name)

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.