House for rent — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

House for rent

Options
lisat
lisat Community member Posts: 1 Listener

I own an adapted property on Minor Street in Failsworth, Manchester, M35.

It is a terraced house, which has a lift, hoists in the main bedroom and bathroom and the bathroom has been adapted into a wet room with a special toilet.   The doors have been widened to accommodate a wheelchair, and the turning circle on the landing has been extended.

The house has been rented out since January 2012.  The current tenant is moving at the end of August, and therefore I would be looking for a new tenant.

As the house is adapted, I feel it would be ideal for a tenant that has mobility issues to enable them to lead as normal a life as possible.

I am contacting your charity to enquire if you know of anybody that is currently looking for accommodation, and you feel that this house would work for them.  We would be looking from October 2017.

Comments

• Anastasia_T22
    Anastasia_T22 Scope Member Posts: 18 Connected
    Options
    Dear Lisa,
    I have cerebral palsy and use an electric wheelchair.  Please could you tell me more?
    Yours sincerely 
    Anastasia Tempest 
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @lisat,

Sorry, I'm afraid I've had to remove your email address. In terms of looking for someone to rent your property, have you put up anything on any housing websites?

The House Shop allows people to advertise their accessible property on their site for free, which may be of interest to you.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, please do get in touch!
    Liam

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.