I have had a constant headache - help? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I have had a constant headache - help?

Kerrie1977
Kerrie1977 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all I've got a vp shunt and chiari malformation for the past 5 weeks I've had a constant headache went to a+ e at my hospital and they said there's nothing wrong and my shunt is working fine anybody else had headaches for this long if so what did you do many thanks

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Kerrie and welcome
    Headaches can be very debilitating. Do you have them in a specific part of your head ? is it a general pain or specific to front, back or either side ?
    I used to have constant headaches but not always in the same place. sometimes right behind my eyes. This went on for years, never did find out why but now on strong pain meds for other things not so bad still get them daily but paracetamol usually works. It is something you do need to get checked out if you can get to your GP
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Kerrie1977.

It's great to meet you & a very big welcome to you.

I'm very very sorry to here that you are having a bad time.

We do have a number off groups on our home page/info on our home page.

Please have a good look around & let me know if we can assist you further.

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @Kerrie1977,

I'm sorry to hear about the constant headaches. Have you spoken to your GP about this? They might be able to help you.
    Liam
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Are you due to have a check up in regards to your shunt? As mentioned above, I would speak to your GP about it.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.