Payment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Payment

rosie55
rosie55 Community member Posts: 40 Listener
I know dwp have got one calender month but has anyone been in the same situation where u have your statement of reasons back and waiting on dwp decision to appeal to utt or payment. 
If they decided to pay how long did u have to wait for payment x

Comments

• Richarj2
    Richarj2 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Dwp rang me on Thursday and said payments will be in bank witbin 5 working days, didnt say how much but benefit stopped on Nov 1st 2016 so should get it backdated. My tribunal was May 23rd.

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    It usually takes 5-8 weeks for the DWP to start payments following a tribunal decision
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2017
    @rosie55

Three weeks after Tribunal I received DWP Award Letter advising me that arrears would be in my account next day.  First payment at new rate was about 10 days later which would have been the usual date for the old rate payment.  So I suppose it'll be a similar timescale from when you receive DWP letter saying they are not going to appeal.
  • rosie55
    Hi richarj2
    Tribunal was 6th July. I got sor back last Friday. When did you recieve your statement of reasons ?x 
  • rosie55
    Mines from September 2016 x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.