How to apply for a SEN residential school — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How to apply for a SEN residential school

farah78
farah78 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited August 2017 in Education
Hi everyone, this is my first post here. We are considering sending our 11 year son who has Autsim SLD and severe challenging behaviour to a residential school. I would  like to know About how to apply for a residential school. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @farah78

Welcome to our online community & I'm sorry that I haven't picked you up earlier.

Please please have a good look at our home page where you will find lots of info.

We have also got a number off Advisors who might be able to help you ???

Please please let me know if you can't find anything !!!
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @farah78 welcome to the community, I have moved your post over and hope that @IndependentSupportServices will be able to help.

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • IndependentSupportServices
    IndependentSupportServices Community member Posts: 54 Courageous
    Hi @farah78

Each Local Authority has their own admissions procedures so you would need to find out what these are for your area. If your son has an EHCP, you can name the school on the plan when it is issued as a draft (as I mentioned in the other thread).

For more information about schools and admission in your area, have a look at the Local Offer. If you google SEND Local Offer and then your county, it should come up but if you can't find it, let me know which area you are in and I will provide the link

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.