Hi, my name is CarrieOnScreaming! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is CarrieOnScreaming!

CarrieOnScreaming
CarrieOnScreaming Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi, just to say hello to everyone. 

Comments

• CarrieOnScreaming
    CarrieOnScreaming Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I have Asperger's, so it's a physical disability, but it DOES disable me, in that it stops me doing things that I want to do, because of things like anxiety, fear, self-doubt, lack of confidence, feeling 'out of it' socially, etc.   I misunderstand an awful lot of things. I am always analysing things, which drives me crazy, but I can't help myself. I examine things upside down, side-to side, from all angles, and all perspectives, etc. Sometimes I wish I had blinkers on, so that I could only see one point of view, because that would be simpler! I don't always sleep too well, as my brain doesn't seem to want to switch off at night.  I cry easily. I have had inappropriate relationships, which didn't seem bad at the time, but I know NOW. 
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @CarrieOnScreaming,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you here. I like the pun in your username!

There's plenty of groups and discussions which you can get involved with, whether it be to ask for some help and support, or just to chat with other members of our community. You may find our Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) category of particular interest.

If you have any questions, please do get in touch!
    Liam
  • booky63
    booky63 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
    Hi Carrie, I think my son has Asperger's although sadly he has never been diagnosed, because he was good at other things like school, so his struggles were never identified by the school or his teachers. I feel bad about that. Some of what you struggle with, are also my son's struggles, now looking back, but with the right foundations in place he is managing to live an independent life, but can sometimes get caught out when stress sets in. He can also be impulsive, which I believe is the main symptom of the condition.
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @CarrieOnScreaming great name! welcome to the community :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    edited August 2017
    Hi @CarrieOnScreaming

A very big welcome to our one line community/website.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.