Have a 6yo boy with ASD needs friends to play with — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Have a 6yo boy with ASD needs friends to play with

Options
peter662
peter662 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi I'm Peter and live in Guildford. My son has ASD and finds it hard to interact with children his age. I feel he is missing out as I can tell he wants to but doesn't know how. I was looking for some advice or if anyone knew of any groups In the area. 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    edited August 2017
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2017
    Options
  • peter662
    peter662 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    That sounds exactly like what I was looking for. I will research  ty
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
  • VioletFenn
    VioletFenn Community member Posts: 124 Pioneering
    Options
    I sometimes (okay, often) worry that my 13 yr old autistic son is missing out on friendships (not helped by him attending a special school 20 miles from home, so he has no schoolfriends nearby). But when I stop and think about it properly, I realise that actually, he's perfectly content the vast majority of the time. Yes, he'd like some company, but he's happy enough playing online games (he 'meets up' with a lad who lives 300 miles away every day so they can play against each other) and chatting to adults. A lot of my concerns are actually just me 'projecting' my own emotions, if that makes sense?

@DannyMoore 's given some great advice though - fingers crossed you find some suitable activities for him (and maybe both of you!)

Violet
    ASD advisor, Scope

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.