Crohns Disease and PIP reassessment — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Crohns Disease and PIP reassessment

leighsky
leighsky Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
My PIP award ends this November and I had to complete new paperwork and attend another medical assessment, I have chronic crohns disease which has declined rapidly since my first PIP award (for which I was originally turned down but won on appeal), I have also had to have Occupational Health assess me in my home as I am alone much of the time and my medications make life very difficult.......my assessment was 2 weeks ago and O.H came out today to see how I was getting on and also advised for extra aids to help me when I am home alone, the whole PIP application is so stressful and every time the post comes I get a fear of dread.........any advice would be greatly appreciated on anything else I can do.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @leighsky

Welcome to our website and online community I do hope that we can help you??

I have forwarded your post on to our experts.

Please let me know if I can help you further ???

Hi @BenefitsTrainingCo

Sorry but can you please help me with this post ???

Many thanks.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome
    It is a good idea to request a copy of the assessment report from the DWP
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @leighsky welcome to the community, as @CockneyRebel says, it may be good to ask for a copy of the assessment report.

Also gather as much evidence as you can, do you have anything from your doctors that talks about how your illness has worsened?  I have Ulcerative Colitis and a permanent ostomy bag but was turned down for PIP.  Well done for appealing and winning your first appeal and best of luck moving forward with the reassessment.

If you have any specific questions, you can call the Scope helpline on 0808 800 3333.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,909 Disability Gamechanger
    You can also ring and ask if a decision has been made, if it has they'll tell you on the phone. I had my PIP review last year and only waited 5 days for a decision after my assessment, i was lucky. It's very stressful yes. Asking for the assessment report will give you some idea also as mostly they go with what's stated on that report, it's rare for them to go against it. Good luck and hope you're not waiting much longer.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.