PIP and becoming an appointee — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP and becoming an appointee

Options
poppy123456
poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,052 Disability Gamechanger
Hi, first time posting for me but i have a question and can't seem to find the answer without having to ring DWP.
I applied for PIP for my 16 year old daughter almost 2 weeks ago and at the same time i asked to become her appointee because of a learning disability she has very little understanding for most things in life, managing and counting money is just the start of her problems. I never claimed DLA for her because of lack of evidence at the time, now i have that important evidence i decided to start a claim off finally. I'm still waiting for a visit from DWP to become her appointee BUT i haven't yet recieved the PIP2 forms. My question is would they send the forms out before i become her appointee or do they wait until after before sending them? I don't want to miss that deadline for returning them and her end up being refused because the forms weren't returned. Any help is appreciated.
I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.