Pip review process has made me ill — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip review process has made me ill

roxieh
roxieh Community member Posts: 13 Listener
edited September 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I recently made another post regarding my pip renewal experience, just wanted to update really, the assessment was too much lasted over 2 hours, I cried hysterically throughout couldn't breathe, speak, fell asleep a few times An still the assessment went on An on , it's really made me ill I haven't been able to pick myself up from it,  2 weeks after assessment I've self harmed a few times just the sheer pressure of it, can't eat or sleep and still no news on decision, following advice on here I asked for a copy of the assessors report but that hasn't come either, I'm expecting the worse result as I wasn't capable of saying how daily life effects me, my gp wrote a letter saying how the assessment needed to be carried out in my best interests and welfare An the assessor refused to read it, I no what will be will be but this process has made me so unwell an I'm expecting to b stripped of the little existing original award, appaz result will be a while as many dms are on the summer holiday leave !!!!!

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    edited August 2017
    Hi @roxieh,

I'm sorry to hear of your experience with PIP - it sounds like you're having a really tough time.

If you're self-harming, it is important that you discuss this with someone who is qualified to help. Please call the Samaritans on 116 123 (free) or email them at jo@samaritans.org.

You might also benefit from reading MIND’s information on how you can help yourself: https://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/types-of-mental-health-problems/self-harm/about-self-harm/?o=6809#.WZ6nz8aZNmA

If you feel that you may be an immediate danger to yourself, please call 999 or go to your local hospital right away.

You are not alone here on our community. Please do keep us posted on your PIP claim.
    Liam
  • roxieh
    Thanks Liam for the kind words, spoke to my gp today feeling a bit more positive about things thanks again.
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    That's great to hear, @roxieh. :)
    Liam
  • RebeccaMHadvisor
    RebeccaMHadvisor Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    Hi @roxieh

It sounds as though you have gone through a really difficult time with your PIP assessment and Liam is right about getting the help and support you deserve.

Do you have an update on your assessment?

From what you have said I know that you need that decision, one way or another, before you can start to focus on yourself and your mental health.

Try and take care of yourself and make sure that you eat something even though you might not want to.

Rebecca
  • roxieh
    Hi just wanted to update still no decision on my pip I had a nasty fall really hurt my back and hand but not been able to go to the hospital there's a bone pointing out of my hand etc but hurts less than it did 10 days ago, I did get a letter today saying they had all the info they needed to make a decision in a really weird way the pain has distracted me from pip but thank you for the replies 
  • roxieh
    I also did receive a copy of the assessment report
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @roxieh

I'm so so sorry to hear about your problems to date !!!!

Have you been to see anyone about your hand ???

Is the bone still pointing out ???

I'm glad that you have received your assessment report.

Please please try not to worry about things I know that is easier said than done.

Please please let us know if things are getting too much.

"That's What We Are All Here For"
  • roxieh
    Hi Steve thanks for the kind reply it just feels like everything at the moment is going wrong, no due to my agoraphobia I've not been able to get help with my hand and back I'm just hoping they will get better by themselves but haven't as yet, there's just so many things going on at the moment and every day I'm dreading the brown envelope from pip it really is to much there should be a form your doctor can sign one a year to say no change and that's the end of it probs save the tax payer a fortune 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi.

It's my pleasure anytime is ok ??

I'm so sorry things are still very difficult for you my heart goes out to you !!!

If you are still having problems with your hand & back you must phone 999 if you can't get there yourself.

Please please don't worry about your "brown letter" 

You have better things to worry about !!!

Please please keep in touch "night or day"

• Alisonm
    Alisonm Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi Roxieh, so very sorry to hear about all that you have gone through due to having to apply for PIP, i had a bad experience myself, but it all turned out good in the end, just like i hope it will for you too.  Do you not have any family member who could get you to the hospital to sort out this sticking out bone? its so very easy to get an infection with open wounds, you really need to get it checked out.  Have you spoken to anyone on the helpline here?  
    Really hoping that you are ok
    best regards to you
    Alison
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello,
    A sticking out bone, that's actually poking through your skin? or do you mean a lump in your hand that feels like a bone?
    As for your PIP decision because you've got a copy of the assessment report, you can add up those points in the report and see what your total is for each part daily living and mobility. You need at least 8 points in either or both parts for an award. Mostly the decision maker goes with this report and awards what stated in there. Good luck and hopefully not too long now.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.