If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Has anyone else had a second opinion/assessor for their PIP decision?

SystemSystem Posts: 413 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Pip.

Replies

• hackporthackport Posts: 11Member Listener
    Hi Scope forum, fairly new here but found really useful advice on PIP application.
    PIP decision after six months, face to face report award 8 points mobility but award says 4 for mobility. Apparently second opinion requested from ATOS, another assessor who has never seen or spoken to me reduced points to 4.
    i have now requested copy of the second report! Has anyone else has this happen?
    many thanks
  • positivitygoing1positivitygoing1 Posts: 13Member Connected
    Yes I did , when I had my decision in October last year I scored zero points , when I requested a CM to ring me to explain , he said to me (luckily I had call recorder on my mobile) 
    "We had to send your report to a second assessor as we thought that it wasn't robust enough to give a proper decision" ,
    What was put by the second assessor will be on the original report (if u requested it) mine showed the 1st nurses comments and then underneath were the 2nd nurses comments all she put was "able to drive" etc 
  • MatildaMatilda Posts: 2,616Member Disability Gamechanger
    @hackport

Have you requested a mandatory reconsideration?

@positivitygoing1

Did you appeal?
    Yes I lost all as I didn't have any help , but I reapplied with the help of MIND and had my home assessment on the 14th August with somebody from MIND they attended ,
    I rang them today and was told that a letter has been sent out but not a decision , she said it's usually 2 things 
    1st : we have all the information we need (she said she doubted it was this as it has been a month) 
    2nd : we need more information from the healthcare professional who did the assessment 

Which I found strange , I suppose they are trying to find ways to refuse me by looking at my tribunal decision (MIND have said that they plan on appealing it as they have said conflicting things in there verdict) 
    I lost my pip award and assessment and tribunal ALL on the basis that I drive to my appointments , when I told the CM on the phone that I don't drive independently he said "okay I'll take note of that" but I bet he put the phone down and didn't bother , 

When the CM said that it was because I drove and that the assessment woman nurse I seen said I went alone (lies) I even copied and pasted info off the DVLA website to say it's only anti psychotic drugs that you should notify the DVLA , I only drive to my appointments and if I didn't have my car I wouldnt go , and I don't drive alone , 
    The tribunal decision was just shocking they even suggested I was a heavy drinker and could be drinking and driving and that I told my doctor I had quit ,
    The reason that is shocking is because I NEVER drink alcohol my mother is an alcoholic , I cried when I read it of all the things to put it was the worst thing for me "Alcohol" , my doctors medical notes don't say nothing about alcohol so wether they got mixed up with someone else's 
  • MatildaMatilda Posts: 2,616Member Disability Gamechanger
    @positivitygoing1

It's good that MIND are helping you.

At my Tribunal Hearing both the doctor and the judge thought that someone who drives can't be very disabled.  I had to stress that I only make a few very short journeys a week.  I did win my appeal.

Of course, many disabled people would be housebound if they didn't drive.

This new view that if you drive you can't be very disabled doesn't make sense to me.  I must ask the benefits advisors' opinion.
    It's silly because they provide "mobility" cars and for those who don't get enhanced get half price car tax ! 
Sign in or join us to comment.