SICK NOTES — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

SICK NOTES

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Hello I have just visited the Doctors.  I needed a sick note it runs out next weekend.  I did not know this but sick notes can not be issued ahead .  I just thought with the sick note ending on a weekend I would thought be time it is issued to me.  Sent off it would have arrived probably end of next week.  Problem is I forgot once to get one and they suspended everything from housing benefit to my benefits.  While I had to send one in.  I tried once to ring them up but how hard is it to give a reminder to everyone to send one in.  Am be being practical and sensible.  Doctors appointment in about weeks time I am hoping they the DWP do not do this again
Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    I suppose their argument would be that the doctor cant predict how well or unwell you will be ahead of time?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
  • dogfather
    dogfather Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    Which benefit do you claim? If you are in the support group for ESA you do not need to send a sick note in. 
  • thespiceman
    Thank you for replying.  I am in the support group now.  Had an assessment for ESA which declared me unfit to work. 
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • dogfather
    dogfather Community member Posts: 61 Connected
    I been in the support group since Nov 2013 I don't send any fit notes in. I Have never been asked for one since being placed. In this group.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for replying.  I am in the support group now.  Had an assessment for ESA which declared me unfit to work. 
    You do not need to send fit notes if you're in one of the groups.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • thespiceman
    Hello thanks for replying Your comments are noted and thank you.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • 1leglindy
    1leglindy Community member Posts: 4 Listener
    Hi am new to this...so bear with me please. How do you get on the ESA Support Group? I need continuing sick notes from my Doctor too. Thanks for any advice you can give me.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,333 Disability Gamechanger
    You'll most likely be asked to attend a face to face assessment where you'll be asked different questions based on what you put in the ESA for you sent back. They will assess you on your ability to be able to do any type of work, as it's about the work you can do and not the work you can't do. Evidence of your condition/s will be needed also.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.