If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

25 year PIP experience

SystemSystem Posts: 413 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: ESA support group.

Replies

• leighanleighan Posts: 3Member Listener
    Hello this is my story and a very sad one, i was in a fire  arson in 1979 with my 11month old daughter we was very very badly burnt, i was burning in the window high up in flats with my baby in my arms, and i lost my unborn baby at 7 months at the time a baby girl. i have been on low rate and middle rate to say i cant walk and have a neave stuck and i,am so much pain,  my back is gone in 3 places now too, i have my right arm burnt to the bones and 38 per saint burnt 1st 2nd 3rd de burns all over me so has my daughter, i have had a life of hell from D.W.P, every year for the last 25 years in and out of there offices telling this sad story and my head cant take much more, i have p.m.s.d  and bad depresson  which i,am now waiting to see the top dr cos they have made me try to kill myself a few times over them taken me in there offices telling about me burning with my baby in my arm,s not forgetting my still birth baby daughter at 7 months cos of the fire, 3 men got 3 years out in 2 years, . i have even had to show my burnt body and my right arm burnt to the bones which now has skin on it from my legs. i was told to see pip which i did and fell over a few times in the office, get a grip of your self the lady from pip said, she stuck her finger to my face do you understand she said with a loud voice, get a grip of your self but i counld,t stand on one leg and over i went yet again. i was sitting on the chair at first this pip lady said i want to know about the fire grrr grrrr here i go again, about the fire and my daughter and me badly burnt, when i sat there my burnt arm was all showing and lots of my burns. i was crying and crying my heart out cos when i got to my unborn baby daughter at 7 months  i had to tell her that she was still born, i didt have a grave they did it there way behind my back burnt her littel Body, why o why cant the D.W.P let me have a life 25 years in there offices each year, i want to sue them  for making me live this nightmare over and over again, i did,t set fire to the flats the 3 men did, pip lady look,t at me and said wait for this everyone,, You have,t been in a fire and you never had skin grafts, oooo will i pass out any min,t i thought maybe it a bad nightmare i,am not burnt i counld,t stop crying has we was both one year getting skingrafts done, and i never seen my 11 month old daughter till one year after when she came back from oddstock, i was in guernsey at the time,. note i had a letter from pip no points not one, like pip said i was,t burnt and we have,t had skin grafts cos there is no records about a fire is this lady from pip nuts. i look,t into my case they never had any records here in england , i have sent for them myself from guernsey last year to fight my case over 1000 pages and sent all the paper work to them over a year ago pip said we didt get them record,d to there office, two months ago i had to start all over again now i,am waiting. my story goes i,am ser dis from the fire it on my records will i get 25 years back pay no way . i lived 25 years over here with nothing 113 aweek low and middle rate once a month the fight goes on. let my unborn baby girl rest and me try to have a life cant i sue  them 25 years of of hell, this is so so sad leighan
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Posts: 7,732Administrator Scope community team
    Hi @leighan welcome to the community and thank you for sharing your very difficult story, I am so sorry about the things you have gone through and the loss of your child.

Stories like yours are so tough to hear, it is desperately sad and I really feel for you.

In a practical way, is there any information that we can help you with? When you say you have had to start all over again, is this a new PIP claim or a new appeal?

Did you manage to send all your evidence with this new claim two months ago?  From the people I have spoken to about PIP, all I can say is that the more evidence you can provide, the better. 

We have a lovely community here and I hope that you will find some support and care from our members, so many of us have been through these processes and so there is a lot of understanding.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
Sign in or join us to comment.