Fighting PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Fighting PIP

karyn
karyn Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello. .. I am an ambassador for something  called DragonTale productions based in Wrexham North Wales.   I am also on pip and esa .. my 3 year entitlement was due to need renewing next year, after it had taken me a year to appeal when they took my car away which had been issued by DLA I won The appeal as basically the assessor had lied on every point but it was such hard work.. I almost feel like I had turned into a lawyer.  My mental health got worse but they seemed to take no notice if my PTSD or the letters from my councillor an my other help groups.  I am unable to work as I have osteoarthritis and osteoporosis and a colapsing spine.. the assess made her story up as she went along. . Anyway,  pip have decided to re - assess me a year early... just because they can, and I have already filled in the form and am awaiting my assessment date... capita are a bent company with what I regard as criminal activities.. the government should stop them from operating. . If I did not have my support group thru DragonTale I don't think I would be alive now... and I cant believe I have to go thru this again... I do not have a husband,  just a wonderful son who cares for me for nothing as well as being a father to 2 little ones.... my heart goes out to all people claiming... or should I say fighting.., pip.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello karyn and welcome
    Sorry that you had to go through that but unfortunately it is not an uncommon story on the forums. There are many very good assessors working for the AP's and I sincerly hope you find a goodun this time.
    It is the usual practice to re-assess claims well before the theoretical end date and I am sure you are aware that when a new decision is made it negates the previous end that you had.
    Usually, as you have found, re assessment takes place a year early to allow for the volume of "work" that the AP's have. In some cases, when an award is a shorter term, it is a finite award and the claaim does have a fixed end date with a new application required 14 weeks in advance of the termination.

I wish you the best of luck with your coming re assessment and truly hope you find a decent HCP this time round

CR.
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @karyn welcome to the community and thanks for sharing your experience, do take a look around, read other posts and get to know our members.  If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.