The hell of assessments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The hell of assessments

bat452
bat452 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I have been through the hell of Assessments twice! 
Both times I scored zero on everything despite being in constant, agonising pain all the time!
Had it not been for the Citizens Advice Bureau who on this occasion, I could not have managed without them!
The DWP assessors were liars and downright evil!
It took nearly a year to get it sorted out!
Just when I had it sorted, my girlfriend and I got married and moved in together!
So they stopped it altogether!
All I get now, is £55pw because my girlfriend works full time and gets the princely sum of £12k per year, which is basically supporting both of us!
Our lives are a living hell!
We never go out!
We can afford virtually nothing in the way of pleasure!
I feel like committing suicide weekly!
I check the news frequently, virtually every 15 mins, hoping, hoping, hoping, that someone has done the people of this country a favour, and wiped out this truly evil Conservative Government!

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @bat452

A very big welcome to you to our website and online community.

I'm so sorry to hear about your story to date.

Please can you phone our helpline: 0808 800 3333.

They will be best placed to help you !!!!!
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @bat452 welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear you are having such a tough time.  You can ask our benefits advisor questions here, we also have a mental health advisor who you can chat to.

If you are having suicidal feelings, then please do reach out for help. There is lots of info on the Mind website here.

If you don't feel you can keep yourself safe right now, seek immediate help.

• go to any hospital A&E department (sometimes known as the emergency department)
    • call 999 and ask for an ambulance if you can't get to A&E
    • ask someone else to contact 999 for you or take you to A&E immediately

If you need some support right now, but don't want to go to A&E, here are some other options for you to try:

Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi bat and welcome

Which benefits are you applying for ?
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Have you had a benefits assessment done by CAB? Just thinking that your girlfriend may get some working tax credits.
  • RebeccaMHadvisor
    RebeccaMHadvisor Community member Posts: 99 Courageous
    Hi @bat452

I can hear that you are really struggling at the moment and I am wondering if you have been able to talk to someone about how you are feeling? 

Whilst I can understand and empathise with your feelings about the benefits system, it is important that you look after yourself and your mental health. I hear so often about how difficult and stressful the process of assessment and appeal can be.

Talking to your GP can be a good start to getting the help you deserve.

Take care
    Rebecca

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.