DLA & mobility has been stopped after ten years - on long term ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA & mobility has been stopped after ten years - on long term ESA

lucyluna
lucyluna Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited August 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'm looking for advice. My DLA & mobility has been stopped after ten years, pip keep giving me 0points even though I'm on long term esa

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lucyluna

Welcome to our website and online community I do hope that we can help you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your current problems with DLA/PIP.

Can you please phone our helpline: 0808 800 3333.

Please come back to me if I can help you further.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello lucyluna
     Have you asked for the assessment report for yor PIP claim. This will give you some idea where you need to score points.
    It is often a matter of how a claim is presented rather than a lack of evidence or need,

Try taking an online self test for PIP this will show you the descriptors and how they are scored

Have you appealed the decisions ?
    If not you do have upto 13 months to do so if your give good reason

If you do not have an award in payment then there is no waiting time to submit a new appeal

CR 
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hello Lucyluna

I am sorry to hear that PIP have made the decision to stop benefit.  

The information CokneyRebel posted is correct. Ask for a copy of the medical and consider challenging the decision. 

If this is the first decision you will need to request (preferably) in writing a Mandatory Reconsideration. You have one month from the date of the decision letter in which to lodge your request.  Please head the letter Mandatory Reconsideration and put your National Insurance Number as the reference. You only need to say briefly why you disagree with the PIP decision e.g. I cannot walk more than a few metres and cannot look after myself due to severe pain, and breathlessness.  It is best to get the request in, in time and then send further information rather than wait for any evidence and miss the deadline.

If you have missed the one month deadline to lodge the Mandatory Reconsideration request you can ask for a late request giving reasons why you are late.  The absolute deadline is 13 months.

If you have a Mandatory Reconsideration decision then you need to lodge an appeal within 1 month of the date of the decision letter.  Please post again if you are at appeal stage.

You can send medical evidence to support your case either at the Mandatory Reconsideration or appeal stage.  If you send medical evidence make sure that it is relevant and specific to the PIP descriptors.  I have put a link to the descriptors below.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/Global/Migrated_Documents/adviceguide/pip-9-table-of-activities-descriptors-and-points.pdf

You can request a copy of the medical assessment report and you can do this in you Mandatory Reconsideration request (use bold text and underline the request). 

The Mandatory reconsideration process can take around 2-3 months.  

Good luck

Maria
    The Benefits Training Co:

• Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lucyluna does this help?
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.