Drop kerbs — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Drop kerbs

Options
May07
May07 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
How many others in or wheel chair scooter users have to go completely out of their way to find a drop kerb to cross a road or to get from one path to another I frequently end up having to go all the way back again to find another route... So frustrating 

Comments

• NicolaH
    NicolaH Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    May07 yes i have this problem, not so much in my home town as i know the routes i can take but when i travel it can be a nightmare.

Last year in Ireland  had a woman and man bodybuilder lift my chair and carry me over the road and up the other side hahaha.... i think that town was the worst for having no drop kerbs.  :|

☆♡☆♡ Nicola ☆♡☆♡
    ☆♡☆ Smile and life Smiles with you ☆♡☆
  • Topkitten
    Topkitten Community member Posts: 1,285 Pioneering
    Options
    My town centre is quite good for them but the further out I go the worse it gets. However, some years ago, the council decided to make some of the pavements using supposedly non-slip slabs. These are rough for a wheelchair or scooter plus a lot of them now move and tilt. Bit of a nightmare.

TK
    "I'm on the wrong side of heaven and the righteous side of hell" - from Wrong side of heaven by Five Finger Death Punch.
  • May07
    May07 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
    Options
    It's awful where I live it's OK once I get to town but it's getting there in the first place that's the issue. Thank you for commenting x

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.