Adaptions fitted — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Adaptions fitted

gazza47
gazza47 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
Hi all just to let you know that my wife has had all the adaptions around the house fitted this morning.... Grab rails, a chair in the kitchen, a little table with wheels so she can use it where she sits and a walker to help her get around the house a bit easier.... This will make a big difference to her so she won't have to struggle as much.... So pleased for her right now and very grateful to the company that did the job and of course the occupational therapist that organized everything, we couldn't have done it without them

Comments

• Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    Fantastic, it's great to hear when things go well. I think we are all a bit guilty of taking to the internet to complain but rarely celebrating the (frequent) times people help us and it all works out great  :):)
  • Debbie_Alumni
    Debbie_Alumni Community member Posts: 932 Pioneering
    Hi @gazza47,

Wonderful news that the adaptations are complete! @Blue Frog is right that we don't always hear the good stories so thanks for sharing with us.

Let us know how your wife gets on adjusting to the adaptations. It will be really helpful for others to learn how much of a difference they can make in helping you manage at home.

Please pass on my good wishes to your wife and thanks for being part of our community.

Best wishes
    Debbie

• gazza47
    gazza47 Community member Posts: 76 Connected
    I will do and thankyou for you for your comments
  • richard123
    richard123 Community member Posts: 4 Connected
    Replying because I had adaptations fitted too and it's such a relief to get the help, makes you almost feel empowered again 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.