DLA to PIP help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DLA to PIP help

SoSiouxMe
SoSiouxMe Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I am a 61 year old mother of two girls, and Ninny (Grandma) to two boys.  I have Fibromyalgia, Paroxsysmal Atrial Fibrillation, High blood pressure, arthritis, depression, poor eyesight and am very deaf.  I have just filled out the form to transfer from DLA to PIP having been classed as disabled since I was 51.  Today I got the dreaded appointment to see Atos, who appear to have changed their name!  While on DLA I was on indefinite benefits, but understand that this doesn't happen with PIP.  The thought of constantly having to explain myself to "professionals" who have little, if any understanding of my ailments fills me with dread, and I know I will become one of those statistics who will make a sudden, miraculous recovery and lose not only my benefits, but the Motability car I rely on so heavily.  I live in a small village in Cornwall, in the middle of nowhere, and with an unreliable bus service that never goes where you need to, or involves three changes, none of which I can handle.
Fortunately I have an amazing Family and lovely friends otherwise I think I would lose the will to go on.  Why any of us should have to jump through hoops to get what is rightfully ours defies belief.  Why is the opinion of our GPs, who know us very well, or our various Consultants who are experts in their fields, not taken note of?   It costs far more to give Atos, Maximus et al their rather lucrative contracts than it saves by getting people off DLA, PIP or whatever they decide to call it next, and it does drive so many to the wall, ending up as suicide statistics.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.