Losing my sight...careers? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Losing my sight...careers?

kazmataz
kazmataz Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all,
I'm not used to forums so please bare with me...
Im 27 and due to a brain tumour, I'm losing my sight. I have no focal vision in my left eye and I'm losing my visual field in my right eye, its currently 50% gone. Im currently out of work due various other illnesses linked with the tumour, but am looking for some partime work as the doing nothing is impacting my mental health. I was looking at teaching fabric and paper crafts at special needs schools but now im not sure due to my sight deteriorating. Please can you suggest some careers paths that i could still take that I wont have to stop as i lose my sight? Im very creative and need a job that has variety but not too stressful at the same time. Any suggestions?

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.