personal feeling — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

personal feeling

Options
Bazalad
Bazalad Community member Posts: 21 Connected
edited October 2017 in Cerebral palsy

How many things is hard for people who have a disability

Who I am

Hi I am Barry Smith and I am 38 years old from Irvine in Ayrshire, which is in Scotland. I am type this up with my big Toe, not very many can do this, you might be asking yourself why are I am doing this? This is because when where born I had a physical disability which is Cerebral Palsy, because of this I get some jumping moving in my body. Down to this I use a Power Chair when I am out but when I am in my house I get around on my bum I personal feel lucky I can do this, because not everyone who have Cerebral Palsy.

What I find hard and what like to high light to this world

When I am sign my name because of my jump moving in my hand I always come out different, what someone say to me, why don’t they make a finder print, and I was just thinking if the person find this hard they could make a nose print, if the personal find it hard to made it hard to move, of their hand, I personal think would work and help a lot of people and as well this would give someone a job, to set this up as well. Two more things I want to things I would like to high light. A few years ago I went for a d test the out come of this, they couldn't give me this because you have to be a fast type, because of this they couldn't give me this, and still don't knew to this day. One more thing I don't liked because people find it hard to understand what I am say to them I use a Content Lightwriter, what have a mobile phone apart of it, but when I telephone places liked the DSS to sort my benefits out they don't take this as own voice. when I told my Mum this she think this is a good thing because for personal save, but I don't because this is my voice.   

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.