Advice regarding medical equipments suitable for child with CP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Advice regarding medical equipments suitable for child with CP

Options
TryingToHelp
TryingToHelp Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi all.
Iam new here and as my nick name states- I am trying to help. 
I was recently abroad and met young girl who suffered brain damage during difficult birth and was diagnosed with CP. She's now about 6yrs old. I was horrified to learn her family isn't eligible for help with equipments she needs. Her mother (she's extremely attached to her) has to carry her everywhere as they cannot afford the wheelchair etc. And this is where I need your advice. I am planning to set up a go fund me page to buy wheelchair for her. I've seen many second hand advertised on internet,too. However, I am not sure what would be suitable? She needs head support,too. Please, let me know if you have some to recommend.
I feel very sorry for them as they had to fundraise to send her abroad for treatment as the one available in her country is stone aged...

Any suggestions regarding other equipments that are helpful are gladly received.

Thank you!

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.