ATOS assessments — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ATOS assessments

BOBBLES
BOBBLES Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited September 2017 in PIP, DLA, and AA
HELLO I have recently been force to attend a face to face with  an assessor  from independent assessment services alias ATOS. a well known company fore assessments and have been found to use none professionals to do them 

after receiving the reply from DWP my mobility has been totally removed I followed procedure and asked for a second look no change then a reconsideration no change same report got longer each time now sent an appeal to courts and received a copy of what the DWP has sent its 126 pages of information repeated over 4 times. unbelievable.

on contacting a number of people from Wakefield where I live, we all came to the same conclusion that if you attend the face to face you automatically loose your mobility as the centre is over 50 m from any vehicle access what so ever and id does not matter if you go in a wheel chair, also the room that the face to face is conducted in is also over 50m away from the entrance. also every body said the assessor was typing answers in before we gave them. 

I was told this was a questions only thing yet I was made to stand and do stupid thing with my hands and legs. and head. this nurse that assessed me is only registered until 31-10-2017 and it state no extra special training.

this company has been paid £512.000.000 to do this job till 2018 yet it already has been paid over £58.000.000 over the agreed sum .this is a total waist of tax payers money. the other two companies one called Maximus has been fined over £300.000.000 by the American federal government for fraud. the other one think its called capita has been found to write the reports on people before they have even been seen. how fair are the court of appeals if there the same as these three companies its a waist of time asking for it.

why cant the government use the DWP STAFF  in stead of all this waist of tax payers money. its turning out now that the DWP staff you talk to who don't want to know and are un helpful are going to loose their jobs some 600+ are going soon and I believe the rest will follow and leave these three companies running every thing.

when I left school I found my own job but you could always go down to the job centre and look at the job vacancies on machines but now you can not get a job going to the job centre .they will all be shut in 5 to 10 years. there are plenty moor things that I can mail you .about this assessor. these companies get over £300.00 per interview its robbing the tax payer and none of them are owned by the English ATOS FRENCH  SO THEY GET HOLD OF EVERY BODYS INFORMATION  FROM DWP SAME AS THE OTHER TWO . SO MUCH FOR DATA PROTECTION.IT STINKS AND IS THE MOST UNFAIR SYSTEM I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS IN MY 66 YEARS OF LIFE. THANK YOU BOBBLES

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome Bobbles

You haven't said whether you have appealed to the tribunal. I fully understand your frustration, the system is far from perfect, There is plenty of info on here regarding appeals and I would urge you to take a look If you haven't already been to tribunal. As you are probably aware there is a caveat on mobility one you reach retirement age

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.