If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Addison's disease

Deb22Deb22 Posts: 2Member Listener
Hi my name is Deborah. I became unwell suddenly around 10 yrs ago after living a full life. Now, after so, so many tests, months of hospital stays ive been diagnosed with Addison's disease, gaatroparesis, spinal disc degeneration-fusioned (now wheelchair user) and other illnesses. I hope I don't sound as if I'm moaning, I know I'm better than others, but I'm finally realising this is real, I'm not going to get better, this is now my life. I would appreciate being able to speak to other people with same illnesses/experiences. Thanks for taking the time to read this. 

Replies

• bevt2017bevt2017 Posts: 353Member Pioneering
    Hi @Deb22
    I haven't got the same disability has you have. I have sweet's syndrome, pyoderma gangrenosum, I'm deaf with tinitus, and i have neurological problems ect. Pannic attacks, stress anxiety and depression. i also need a wheelchair when I go out. I totally know how you feel. I only started to have problems around Oct Nov 2015. And only found out recently my diagnosis. No cure No treatment. I've been on my own since I was 18, and I have always worked even when i had my 3 children. I feel angry, upset, frustrated all the time.  But your not alone everyone at Scope, they are really friendly And will give you help and support. Your right there are worse people of than ourselves. I get stared at all the time. On the outside I look fine. And sometimes i feel people are judging me.
    I hope that helps

Sign in or join us to comment.