Pip decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip decision

Options
twang5
twang5 Community member Posts: 29 Listener
brown envelope today with pip decision sent forms off on may 9th   Been awarded standard rate care and mobility until 2020. I know I should have got enhanced rate for both but am to stressed to challenge decision and will accept awards 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad that you have an award that you can live with.

Should you change your mind, you do have a month from the date of your decision letter to challenge it via a MR.
    Take a little bit of time and think about it, you should not accept an award less than you deserve.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @twang5

Initially I was also awarded standard both components for five years.  I appealed and at Tribunal was awarded enhanced both components with no end date.  Appealing is stressful but of course I am pleased that I appealed!  65% of appeals succeed.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    @twang5 No one could have been more stressed than me, I ended up calling an ambulance I was so ill after I received my assessor's report and the decision that followed. But just a few weeks later I got my fight back. However you must do what is right for you provided you are sure you won't regret it later on.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Matilda said:
    @twang5

Initially I was also awarded standard both components for five years.  I appealed and at Tribunal was awarded enhanced both components with no end date.  Appealing is stressful but of course I am pleased that I appealed!  65% of appeals succeed.
    Well done on that award! Just so you know that maximum amount award anyone can have is 10 years, with review being 9 years. Life time awards no longer exist with PIP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @poppy123456

I am aware that my PIP award is not lifetime as such.  I have said that it has no end date which is what DWP have put on their decision letter in accordance with the Tribunal's decision.  I am also aware that in practice no-end-date awards are reviewed after nine years.  Also, in practice, although DWP could re-assess me after nine years, they could not change the Tribunal's decision to award me PIP indefinitely - without another Tribunal overruling this.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.