School — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

School

Blue Frog
Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
My little girl started school last week... and she absolutely LOVES it. She was laughing and flapping her arms this morning when the bell went and they opened the door!!

It's a massive change (for both of us) but it's all going really well and I am so proud of her. I decided to send her to a really good special school, which in her case, is definately the right place 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Wow that is a great post. thank you so much for sharing your joy :)
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Awww how lovely to hear @Blue Frog :smiley:

It honestly seems like 2 minutes since my son started school and this week I sent him off to college!!! It doesnt get any less nerve wracking as a parent sending them off into the world!! 
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • Zeezee
    Zeezee Community member Posts: 78 Pioneering
    Hi Blue frog
    I am so happy your beautiful little girl loves her school, its lovely to hear that you are both so happy and that your daughter is settling so quickly. Zee started this week too, thankfully her first manual wheelchair came two weeks before, so she is used to it and able to interact on eye level and able to approach her peers. Needless to say she loves school as well, her support worker is very experienced with children with CP and lovely, which was my main fear as Zee is at mainstream school so needs a great support worker. You must have been through the rollercoaster of emotions these last few months which I have been through building up to this week. And now the pure relief that we have made the right decision for our children and ecstatic joy that they are so happy. Zee even refuses to take her school shoes off when she gets in from school and wanted to sleep in them the first day. (I blame peppa pig lol) 
    Once our girls are properly settled and I have caught up on my phone calls/form filling etc, we should meet up for a coffee with our new found freedom.
  • Blue Frog
    Blue Frog Community member Posts: 358 Pioneering
    Hi @Zeezee so glad your little one is happy too and that you are ok xxx

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.