How do you show people or explain to them you are disabled if you have a invisible illness? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do you show people or explain to them you are disabled if you have a invisible illness?

Options
kerysfrancis1
kerysfrancis1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
How do you show people or explain to them you are disabled if you have a invisible illness fybromyalgia im in pain all the time cant walk far ostiomalacia in my bones broke my arm in april now my nerves have gone in my left hand cant do much with it thyroid problems diabieties liver problems doctors think im a alcoholic but i hardly drink and i no i have lupus but the rumertoligist thinks i think i no it all so they wont take me serious and im on so much medication its a joke 

Comments

• kerysfrancis1
    kerysfrancis1 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    I also have mental health problems borderline personality disorder major depressive disorder anxiety ptsd 
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi kerry and welcome

Invisible illnesses are always hard to prove unfortunately.
    You say that you are on a lot of medication, what have the doctors prescibed this for ?
    Is it possible that the medication you take masks your problems and leads your GP to you having a drink problem ? You should talk to your GP about this posibility
    What makes you think you have Lupus ?
    Are you getting any help with your MH issues ?

Please come back and talk to us so that we can point you in the right direction

CR

Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • AlexW_Scope
    AlexW_Scope Scope Posts: 224 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @kerysfrancis1

You might find this discussion on invisible impairments interesting.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.