Free prescriptions — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Free prescriptions

Options
Pauline3212
Pauline3212 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I have just been put on the esa support i do not have to send in sick notes now but I am confused am I entitled to free prescriptions and dental any help please

Comments

• Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Options
    Only if your esa is income based.
  • mossycow
    mossycow Scope Member Posts: 500 Pioneering
    Options
    There may be other ways to have help with costs if not through ESA. If it helps, this link shows conditions, age other factors that might help

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/exemption-certificates/medical-exemption-certificates

If you are still not eligible,  I used to pay for a yearly certificate that was less than £10 per month. This meant however many prescriptions I needed it was still just a tenner a month not £8.45 per script.

Also ask Pharmacist if anything can be bought over the counter as some items are cheaper than paying the prescription charge.

Some items can be obtained at low or no cost through the minor ailment scheme. My daughter had a period of chronic head aches and a few lots of nits just when I lost my job. I caught some nits on some sellotape as proof and had to fill in details after advice from pharmacist, but didn't pay for paracetamol, ibuprofen, nit combs and nit shampoo for example.

Hope some of this might help. 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.