BIRTHDAYS — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

BIRTHDAYS

thespiceman
thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
Hello I just had a birthday yesterday.  I thought it would be a lonely day.  Getting fatter grey and more grumpy as the years go on.  Well imagine my surprise got a lovely message from the charity who support me and even got a cake.  I never tell anybody but for the first time had a smile and cheered me up.  Normally depressing day lot of history and baggage but I some how let that go.  Went shopping for new clothes and a new me.  Got a lift from others in meeting today.  Feel the love.  Just goes to show people out there care about you even at your worse times
Community Champion
SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
Recipes

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    A belated happy birthday @thespiceman!

I'm glad you had a good day. Sending you lots of virtual cake!

• thespiceman
    Thank you replying.  As I asked in a meeting how old I was well not like you ladies you never get old charm charm.
    Community Champion
    Recipes
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    Happy birthday of yesterday, @thespiceman :)
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    That was a lovely surprise, @thespiceman.

• thespiceman
    Hello thank you everybody.  I think all of us wherever you are has had a day like a birthday where you are forgotten and mistreated and no one really knows how you feel.  In my case it was my family who just did not recognise the hurt and harm they were doing to me long term.  Especially my mother who used an attitude and demeanour to ruin the day all out of jealousy and spitefulness.  Now I am on my own and realise that as the past is the past I still get upset that I certain milestones in our lives are never to be enjoyed again.  All because of a one family member determined to ruin someones happiness.  The memories run deep and are still lingering.  So as yesterday has gone another birthday I can say that was a good day to celebrate another year growing wise,being aware of my faults and most important of all recognise the time I have with the friends I have now.  Cherish those.
    Community Champion
    Recipes

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.