diplegic cerebral palsy - any ideas to help with walking and to stop leg twitching? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

diplegic cerebral palsy - any ideas to help with walking and to stop leg twitching?

skydive5
skydive5 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited October 2017 in Cerebral palsy
Hi my name is neil  I have diplegic cerebral palsy I find it difficult to walk long distances so I've got a mobility scooter wich helps .I also have a thing called a boxia foot suport wich helps me a fair bit it stops me tripping up as much .it's well worth a look I found them on eBay. I've also used leg splits but the plastic kept rubbing my angle wich hurt a fair bit and 2 painful to wear .I've also used a decide called f.e.s it's like getting your legs zapped by an electric shock but it kept giving me blisters on my legs so had to stop wearing them so the boxia foot suport seems so far the best .yoga and going to the gym helps. Has any body got any ideas to help with walking and to stop leg twitching .I also have botox injections every 3 months that does help 

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.