PIP recording — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP recording

Options
nickwallerstein
nickwallerstein Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, my Sister has a PIP interview coming up and Stops say we can record it but surprise surprise they make it as hard as possible as you have to provide your own machine that records two exact copies - no pc, two recorders side by side, etc. Basically to do this you need a police recorder which are made by Neal and these cost mega bucks (even on eBay). Can anyone help source one on a loan / rental basis? I live in Sheffield but am willing to travel. This situation is pure discrimination and I am sure many of you have encountered it. Determined to rectify this farce as I have previously encountered PIP interviews where the post interview report document bares no resemblance to what actually took place. Any help would be fantastic.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    To record PIP you first need to obtain permission
    You do not need a duel recording machine, x2 cassette recorders can be used but would suggest external mics for clear recording.

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.