appealing mandatory reconsideration decision — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

appealing mandatory reconsideration decision

Gurpritsingh
Gurpritsingh Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am appealing a MR decision, it says I must fill in a SSCS1 form  and must include a copy of the mandatory reconsideration notice and provide any new evidence to support my appeal. Do I resend information and evidence i provided in my MR as the DWP case manger said all the information I have already sent in is uploaded on to the system and the tribunal will see this ? 

Comments

• Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Both you and the tribunal are sent a bunch of papers, which includes everything you included in your claim so far. If you have any new information (but it has to be about how you were at the time of the assessment) then you can send that.
  • Matilda
    Matilda Community member Posts: 2,593 Disability Gamechanger
    @Gurpritsingh

The DWP will have sent you two copies of your MR notice, one of which has to be sent with the SSCS1 form.  The Tribunal need the MR notice as proof that your MR has been turned down.  You do not need to send any info to the Tribunal that the DWP already has.  If you have now, or between now and up to seven days before the Hearing, any further info relevant to your claim at the time you can send this to the Tribunal.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.