If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

PIP and ESA help?

SystemSystem Posts: 413 Scope community team
This discussion was created from comments split from: Hi, my name is Tjhuggy!.

Replies

• TjhuggyTjhuggy Posts: 8Member Listener
    Thank you...i got 11 points for pip...i definitely shud of got more points.i did everything...the letter then the appeal letter which was opposed...iv got no polar sciojis.and paranoia....i wanted to no if there is anything else I can do..with pip..also I get es A which is changin to universal credit..will my money change wat I'm getting now.cos I used to b on high Fla and low rate mobility....please cud someone help me it's making me so withdrawn 
  • Sam_ScopeSam_Scope Posts: 7,732Administrator Scope community team
    HI @Tjhuggy
    I have moved your post to the ask a benefits advisor section so you can get some information to help :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BenefitsTrainingCoBenefitsTrainingCo Posts: 2,679Member Pioneering
    Hi Tjhuggy,

There are two components for PIP, daily living and mobility. 
    For daily living component you need 8-11 points to get the standard rate of £55.65 a week, or 12 points or more to get the enhanced rate of £83.10 a week.
    For mobility component you need 8-11 points to get the standard rate of £22.00 a week, or 12 points or more to get the enhanced rate of £58.00 a week.
    You mentioned 11 points, but is that for daily living or mobility, and how many points did you score for the other? If you could answer these questions I could advise you better on how your PIP award compares to your DLA award.
    If you are going through the appeal process for PIP, my best advice is to contact a local advice agency like Welfare Rights or CAB to get practical assistance. It is also important that you attend the appeal as your chances of success are much higher and provide as much medical evidence as you can to support your case.
    If you are on ESA now you will continue on ESA for a while yet, the DWP are only dealing with new claims for Universal Credit so those already on benefits won't be moved over for a while. The process for all areas to move to "full service" UC even for new claims only is not due to be completed until September 2018

Lee
    The Benefits Training Co:
    Paul Bradley
    Michael Chambers
    Will Hadwen
    Sarah Hayle
    Maria Solomon
    David Stickland
Sign in or join us to comment.