If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Having difficulties logging in or resetting your password?

Please email [email protected]

Discretionary Housing Payments

I was recently told by my landlord, that my rent was going up to over and way above the amount my Council Housing Benefit will allow me.
The area I am has risen in price drastically over the last year and I am unable to find anything cheaper.
 I am also unable to move out of the area, as I rely on care from my family who live close.
The council have advise I apply for Discretionary Housing Payments. Which is given on a case to case bases and is temporary. (I won't go into how the council lied, told me they would cover my new rent and then let me down, after I am now signed into a 2 year lease I can't afford)

I have been given the form, but to say it is vague in it's questions is a understatement. Each question can be taken in 3 different ways.
I cannot get citizen advise on the phone and am up against the clock.

Has anyone ever filled one of these forms out before and has any tips?


Sign in or join us to comment.