Hi, my name is mags57! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mags57!

Options
mags57
mags57 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am a Fibromalgia sufferer. And it can be hard when people around you think there is nothing wrong with you. Or they say aren't you looking well? If I had a £ for everyone that said this. I'd be a millionaire by now. Well I'm not. I'm one of those who try to look well. But inside I'm in a lot of pain. Don't sleep well due to this. Latest is my blood pressure looks to have no signs of coming down. And all they do is blood checks that come back normal. And then another blood pressure machine for a week to monitor it. Then a review on it all. But nothing more. What's all this about. And I keep feeling worse. Pains in the legs. Spasms and cramp in my arms. Still nothing is done. What's it all about? Can anyone give a reason? 

Sorry nice nice to meet you all. X

Comments

• bobbiesgirl
    bobbiesgirl Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi mags, this is my 1st time here. I have degenerative spondylolisthesis, people see me as the lady with the bad back, in the past I was awarded dla as it was called then for life, its never going to get any better, but just 2yrs down the road it was took away so I know where you're coming from. Unless these people who examine us actually had any pain to deal with at all, they might have an insight to a little of what we go through daily. I can only hope you do manage to get some sleep but I know how hard that is. I think I might have  fibromyalgia because of what friends tell me who have it.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @mags57

A very very big welcome to our online community.

It's great to have you onboard.

Please please let me know if there is anything that I can help you with ??????????

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.