DWP Admitted They're Not Qualified — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DWP Admitted They're Not Qualified

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
edited October 2017 in Research and opportunities
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Nystagmite
    Nystagmite Community member Posts: 596 Pioneering
    Options
    Not surprised. I was even asked what one of my conditions was. It was also obvious they didn't have a clue about all the other listed conditions.
  • flippy
    flippy Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    I too had to title two of my conditions for my assessor as she hadn't a clue,she was a physiotherapist,haven't a clue why they chose her as one of my conditions means I cannot do any exercise without dislocating my joints,it's hard enough just living with dislocations let alone purposely causing them ,they don't have a clue ,we are just a number and address on a list
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 740 Listener
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wildlife
    wildlife Community member Posts: 1,293 Pioneering
    Options
    @DannyMoore The opening post seems to be confusing assessment companies with DWP regarding health qualifications. DWP have none as they're only clerical staff. That's why they rely entirely on the word of the assessors for the decisions as to how health conditions affect people. Hence so many problems and why DWP won't change the lies that are written about people. Regarding actual qualifications as some of you know I've had suspicions about my assessor ever since receiving my report. I investigated her and found someone of the same name on FB and LinkedIn who isn't qualified at all. I'm still not 100% certain it's the same person as my memory of what she looked like was cancelled out by the state I was in at the time. However my MP is now contacting ATOS on my behalf to check her qualifications as she also wrote a false PRN number on the form I signed at the end of my assessment.  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.