ESA — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA

lorraine1988
lorraine1988 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
heya 
I had my esa medical assesment 8 weeks ago now and I’ve still not heard anything from them. Whereas someone I know had theirs a few weeks after mine and they’ve heard back. Should I be worried 

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    There is no point worrying, is this a reassessment ?
    8-12 weeks is not unusual

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • lorraine1988
    lorraine1988 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Yeah it’s a reassessment as they said the first time the right questions weren’t getting asked. so they had to do a new reassessment.
    im only worrying as someone I know has got his decision n his assessment was 3 weeks after mine. 
  • BenefitsTrainingCo
    BenefitsTrainingCo Community member Posts: 2,621 Pioneering
    Hi lorraine1988,

Please try not to worry about it. In my experience people are generally waiting around 8 weeks for an outcome. I can't explain why your friend has had his a lot sooner but I wouldn't draw any conclusions from that. You could say that if they want to refuse people and get them off ESA they might make the decisions on those claims quicker than the others so you just never know. Good luck.

Lee

The Benefits Training Co:

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.