Hi, my name is Hen79! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Hen79!

Options
Hen79
Hen79 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi! If anyone has any advise it will be greatly appreciated.
I've been fighting the DWP to get placed into the Support Group since February 2017. I was originally in receipt of WRAG (Work Related Activity Group) but this ended May 2015.
I had my 1st tier tribunal 2 wks ago which I won. The judge stated in the paper work that I was placed back into the WRAG for 2 years with no reassessment to be carried out within this period. It also states that 'my Physical/Mental Health conditions including Fatigue is significantly limited, in particular, in the activities of daily living. Nevertheless I did not score sufficient points. However if I were found capable of work this would result in a substantial risk to my health. In reaching it's decision the Tribunal placed particular reliance upon the evidence of the appellant at the hearing'.
Today I received 2 letters from the DWP stating that they will not pay me ESA because I've already reached the maximum of 365 days that I can get this benefit for. However they will continue to pay my National Insurance Contributions which they've been doing since my original claim ended in May 2015.
My husband is going to phone the Tribunal tomorrow to find out what is happening or if they have any advise on what to do next.
If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Hen79

A very big welcome to you this mourning.

I do hope that we can offer you both help + support with this.

I will send this post on to one of our Benefit Advisor's for you.

Please let me know if you require any info !!!!!!!!

Hi @BenefitsTrainingCo

Can you please check this ESA post for me ??????

Many thanks.

• Hen79
    Options
    Hi Steve51
    Thank you for your response. Any advise will be greatly appreciated. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Hen and welcome

Unless you have a new or substancialy wortened condition I think your options are limited to claiming JSA.
    Do you claim PIP ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Hen79
    Options
    Hi CockneyRebel
    I've been in receipt of PIP since last year but recently been awarded Enhanced Rate Motability (12 points) & I've been awarded Standard Rate Daily Living Component which rose to (11 points).
    My husband phoned the Tribunal & they have had no correspondence from the DWP. He then phoned the DWP & was told that the next step would be to write a letter asking to be put into the Support Group with any additional evidence as well. This would be classed as another Mandatory Reconsideration.
    It just seems as though those who need help have to really fight for what they're owed. I would be lying if I said I wasn't finding the whole situation stressful.

Hen79
  • CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi Hen
    yes it does sometimes feel like you have to be fighting fit to claim

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.