What would working 3 hours a week impact on benefits — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What would working 3 hours a week impact on benefits

DRose
DRose Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, five years ago I was diagnosed with a life changing Neurological condition and went from a highly paid, senior corporate suit position to nothing, over 48 hours.

I have never not worked and hate that I am reliant on benefits for the rest of my life.  With the amount of experience and qualifications I have I could easily Tutor privately for GCSE students in English, Business and German, as I would work at home, for no more than a hour and 3 hours in total a week.  Even I accept my limitations but living hand to mouth all the time is stressing me out which doesn't help my condition.

If anyone has any advice on how this would affect my benefits and support group status, by just attempting something that I felt as if I am giving back and not just a leech on handouts.

Dee

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.