Research Recruiting Parent-Child Duos - Exploring Social Functioning in Children With Autism — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Research Recruiting Parent-Child Duos - Exploring Social Functioning in Children With Autism

Cassie_Short
Cassie_Short Community member Posts: 1 Listener

My name is Cassie Short and I am a PhD student in the Psychology department at the University of Bolton, under the supervision of Dr Pedro Vital.

I am contacting you regarding participation in our research, which is focused on social processing in children who have been diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Conditions.

A lot of research has been and is currently being conducted to explore social interaction in children with Autism. However, limited studies are considering this exploration within a more valid paradigm, such as during a real social interaction, where we can achieve a more realistic understanding.

The current project aims to demonstrate that there is a difference in the activation of neural structures associated with social processing in children depending on whether they are provided with lab-based social tasks or whether they are engaged within a real social interaction with their parent. We hope for the results of this study to inform better practice for research within the field, encouraging better understanding.

We are recruiting children between the ages of 7-11 years old who have been diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Condition, together with their parent(s).

We attach a Participant Information Sheet for further information should you be interested in participation.

Appointments for data collection are available from the week commencing Monday 9th October 2017 up to the end of November. An appointment can be scheduled at any time from 9am – 7pm on any day during this period, for ease of convenience. Those participating will be required to attend once.

Please feel free to contact me via cas1ocd@bolton.ac.uk if you have any further questions and to schedule appointments.

Best wishes,

Cassie Short
PhD Candidate in Social Neuroscience
School of Education and Psychology
University of Bolton
Deane Road
Bolton BL3 5AB
United Kingdom

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.