Cp at 53 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Cp at 53

Options
neece
neece Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited October 2017 in Cerebral palsy
My bro Daryn has CP and is 53 now-and full of life and fun.Anyone on here find that facilities and help gets cut dramatically when children become adults? 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @neece

Welcome to our website & community.

Yes it seems to be the way off the world unfortantly.

Please please have a good look around.

Please let me know if I can help you further ????
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @neece welcome to the community, I have moved your post to the CP category so you can chat with others about these issues
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • BeccyJ
    BeccyJ Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Hi @neece.

As @steve51 says, it is the way of the world - it seems to be a worldwide problem, but only if you have CP.  
  • BeccyJ
    BeccyJ Community member Posts: 59 Courageous
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I know of plenty of people who had conditions from childhood and who go on to be transferred to adult services, but this is not available for people with CP

A lot of the problems faced by disabled people are, as @steve51 says, the way of the world.  That’s why organisations like Scope  are supposed to campaign to get them changed.

@emmaliv and I both have CP and are both incredibly frustrated by the non existent services

@emmaliv has been very active trying to change this.  We have tried to get Scope on board but it doesn’t fit with their social agenda.  Emma’s post of 1 Oct is the most up to date and links to her petition.  If you can support us in any way, it’d be great!

https://community.scope.org.uk/discussion/33360/better-care-for-adults-with-cp

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.