Starting a campaign and I need YOUR help — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Starting a campaign and I need YOUR help

harryevans
harryevans Community member Posts: 1 Listener

My name is Harry Evans and I am currently working on a diversity accepting campaign to fight racism, sexism, ableism, homophobia, transphobia, and all forms of discrimination. My campaign will be based on social media, and much like campaign's like the ice bucket challenge and the no make up selfie, I am hoping to go viral. The working title for my campaign is Next Step Equality, I had originally thought of  people taking a picture holding up their arms to make an equal sign and hashtaging #NextStepEquality and tagging 10 friends to do the same and make the pledge for equality. I soon realised that there are many people in the world with different disabilities that would stop them from being able to take part in this campaign.

So the purpose of this message is if you have any ideas to make this campaign accessible for everyone, if there is a way to keep the equal sign idea but make it accessible for everyone that would be great. If not, if you have any other ideas so that everyone and anyone can take part in this campaign.

Thank you very much for your time and any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.